In the immediate area of the Canadian High Arctic Research Station (CHARS) and the Hamlet of Cambridge Bay, an Experimental and Reference Area (ERA) has been proposed as a place where scientists using the CHARS facility can conduct detailed research on marine, freshwater and terrestrial ecosystems in a safe and supported environment near the Statio ... [more]
Product Title: Baseline data for CHARS, including geo-referenced
digital photographs, geo-referenced high-definition videos, ground plots with soil, ecosystem and vegetation data sets
Description: Baseline data for scientific research performed through CHARS will include:
- Terrestrial ecosystem data from the Central Canadian Arctic (GPS waypoints, geo-referenced
digital photographs, geo-referenced high-definition videos, ground plots with soil, ecosystem
and vegetation data).
- Data on the flora and plant species of the Central Canadian Arctic (checklists and plant
- Data on arthropods and insects in southeastern Victoria Island (quantitative and qualitative
data, arthropod collections).
- Data on muskoxen parasites and their intermediate hosts (gastropods).
- Data on migratory birds from Cambridge Bay and Elu Inlet area.
- Wildlife data from Elu Inlet area.
- Bathymetry of the east end of Cambridge Bay.
- Freshwater data from lakes and streams in the Greiner Lake Watershed.
- Marine sampling data, including CTD, from CHARS ERA.
- Baseline oceanographic data from Dease Strait and western Queen Maud Gulf
- SPOT5 and SPOT6 panchromatic and multispectral satellite imagery of the Cambridge Bay area
and eastern Kent Peninsula.
- Data related to renewable energy in Cambridge Bay (wind and solar).
- Contaminant data from Cambridge Bay’s water treatment system