NASA Research Announcement - Important Information
The Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences for 2016 (ROSES—2016) NASA Research Announcement (NRA) is soliciting research for Terrestrial Ecology: An Airborne Campaign For The Arctic-Boreal Vulnerability Experiment (ABoVE).
Notice of Intent Due: May 16, 2016
Proposal Due: August 1, 2016
- Implementation Plan - June 15, 2016
- Notional Airborne Remote Sensing Strategy (PDF 30.6MB) - UPDATED May 27, 2016
(replaces May 11, 2016 version)
- Notional Flightlines Map >>
- NW Canada Consultations May 2016
- Concise Experiment Plan (solicitation page A.4-2)
The Arctic-Boreal Vulnerability Experiment (ABoVE) Science Definition Team has completed the ABoVE Concise Experiment Plan. This report refines the science questions and rationale for ABoVE, poses a next tier of science questions, and lays out a top-level study design.
- Collaborators: Interagency & International Partnerships (solicitation page A.4-3)
Numerous organizations are engaged in research and monitoring activities within the ABoVE Study Domain. Investigators preparing proposals for ABoVE may wish to consider developing synergistic research collaborations with investigations sponsored by these organizations.
- ABoVE Projects (solicitation page A.4-7)
ABoVE Projects listed by theme with links to the Project Profiles.
- ABoVE Science Cloud (solicitation page A.4-8)
The ABoVE Science Cloud combines high performance computing with emerging technologies and data management with tools for analyzing and processing geographic information.
- Project Data Management Plan Requirements (solicitation page A.4-13)
The Data Management Plan (DMP) for an ABoVE proposal is a short document that describes (1) the investigator’s commitment to the ABoVE Data Policy and (2) how the investigator plans to manage the data generated by the proposed research during and after the project.
- Research and Logistics Support Organizations
There are several organizations in the ABoVE study domain that may provide fee-for-service logistical support (e.g., permitting, site access, accommodations, field equipment, vehicles, etc.) for researchers.
- Geographical Focus (solicitation page A.4-3)
The ABoVE Science Definition Team (SDT) identified 15 conceptual Research Areas within the Study Domain that offer the range of environmental conditions necessary to address most of the research questions and objectives for ABoVE.
- Organizational Structure & Contacts (solicitation page A.4-3)
Includes ABoVE contacts and information on where to find detailed instructions for the preparation and submission of proposals.
*Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive email notifications when substantial changes are posted*